Founded in 1970 to help promote foreign trade, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) is the foremost nonprofit trade promotion organization in Taiwan. Jointly sponsored by the government, industry associations, and several commercial organizations, TAITRA assists Taiwan businesses and manufacturers to strengthen their international competitiveness and to cope with the challenges they face in foreign markets.
To further reinforce its global trade promotion network and to provide better services, TAITRA has set up 60 branch offices abroad. Together with the overseas offices of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, TAITRA has developed a comprehensive trade network serving as the eyes and ears of Taiwan companies keen to explore international markets.
The mission of TAITRA’s overseas offices is wide-ranging. Their operations are instrumental in carrying out numerous and various trade activities. Some examples of what these overseas offices do:
– Assist TAITRA Head Office in carrying out trade missions and exhibitions.
– Initiate and facilitate procurement cases for international firms in Taiwan.
– Collect and report business snippets to local traders.
– Recruit foreign members for the Taiwantrade.com.tw website.
– Invite buyers to visit Taipei international exhibitions.